TikTok is one of the largest video-sharing social media apps, and it has been downloaded over 2 billion times. This social media network is experiencing explosive growth, with over 800 million worldwide users. TikTok is more of an entertainment platform, but business owners, brands, marketers, and influencers also use this app to become visible.
This social network is becoming as huge as Instagram and Facebook. That is why you need to learn the strategies to grow on this site. TikTok analytics allow you to target the right audience, boost your engagement, and expand your reach.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to track your TikTok metrics and how to use them for your benefit.
How to access your TikTok Analytics?
To view your TikTok insights, you need to have a pro account. The TikTok pro account launched last year, and it is absolutely free. Anybody can switch their normal account into a pro account by following these simple steps.
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile or desktop, and go to your profile.
- Click on the icon that indicates three dots at the top-right corner.
- After that, Click on “Manage Account,” then select “Switch to pro account.”
- Select your account type, then choose your category and gender.
- You will be asked to enter your phone number if you haven’t yet. Add your number, and you’re done.
Now you have a TikTok pro account. Isn’t it super easy to upgrade to a Pro account? Viewing your insights is also quite simple.
After you have switched to a pro account, you can click the three-dot icon again and tap on “Analytics” to have a look at your insights.
Note: TikTok will take up to seven days to record the data after you upgrade to a Pro account. So you will have to wait for some days to track your metrics.
All about TikTok Analytics
When the data process is complete, and you dive into your account analytics, you will see three categories shown on your dashboard.
Let’s discuss all three categories in detail.
#1 Profile Overview
The overview tab on your dashboard will give you all the analytics regarding your overall profile functioning. All the essential information given on this tab is listed down below.
Video views: A detailed graph is shown here that indicates the number of times your followers viewed your videos over the past 7 or 28 days.
Followers: In this section, you will see your total number of followers. It will also show a graph that gives you the data about your follower growth in the period of 7 or 28 days.
Profile views: The number of profile views you got in the last 7 or 28 days. You can also have an idea of which video caught the attention of most users.
#2 Content Tab
This tab will show you all the insights about the videos you posted on TikTok. Here’s what you will see in the content tab.
Video posts: It will give you the data about your last 9 TikTok videos that you posted in the past seven days.
Trending videos: Here, you will see your most-viewed videos in the period of 7 days. It also showcases all the essential data for your popular content. You can click on a particular video and see the number of likes, comments, and shares you got along with the total playtime and total views.
Traffic source types: The source your audience used to find your videos. People might find your videos on your profile or the “For you” page.
Audience territories: It will show you the total number of reached audience and their location.
#3 Followers Tab
This is the third tab in your TikTok analytics, where all the valuable demographics about your audience are placed. You are going to see the following data under this tab.
Followers: This section shows you the total number of your followers and the ones that you gained or lost over the past seven days.
Gender: This area shows you a percentage of the total number of males and females that follow your account.
Top territories: This section allows you to discover the top regions in which your followers are located.
Follower activity: This area tells you the time and days when most of your followers are active.
Videos your followers watched: This is a helpful metric that allows you to see the type of content your followers watch and interact with.
The Sounds your followers listened to; This metric will help you to discover the sounds your followers listened to for the last seven days.
How to Work with TikTok Analytics?
Now that you know everything about TikTok Analytics follow these additional tips to improve your content and marketing strategy. The insights provided by this app give you a lot of metrics to track and use it for your benefit. Here, we are going to tell you how you can act on TikTok analytics and get the maximum benefit.
- When you see your trending videos in the content tab, you can even see the total playtime and watch time of those videos. By looking at these metrics, you will have an idea of what type of content your viewers would like to see. Try to make more of these videos and grab the attention of most users.
- Your insights also show you the location and gender of your audience. By looking at this data, it will be easier for you to target the right audience. You can create content that most people in your top region would like to see. And if you have more female followers, you can attract their attention by posting more female-related content.
- Discover the time and day when most of your followers are using the app from the followers’ tab. Try to post your content on that particular time, or day to get maximum engagement.
- Take the idea from the videos your followers watch and try to make similar content. It is a great way to maximize engagement and grow you TikTok account fast.
- You can even see the insights where you can discover the sounds your followers are listening to. Make sure to save these sounds and try to make videos on it so that your followers enjoy your content.
There are many other advantages of these useful metrics that TikTok analytics has to offer. Make sure to take a look at these insights at regular intervals and create content depending on what your audience would love. Strategize and develop ideas on how to grow your TikTok account using these analytics. IGFollowers exclusively providing services for TikTok users to help them grow their TikTok Followers, Likes and Views. Buying TikTok Followers, Likes & Views is a great way to make your analytics boom. Check out our tailored packages for all your TikTok needs.