From sharing pictures and talking with your friends or family to running a business online, Instagram is an excellent platform for everything. Scrolling through our feeds has become a part of our daily lives. Besides that, all the amazing features offered by Instagram makes it more exciting.
But along with benefits, there are some problems too. The hackers, scammers, harassers, and cyber criminals run rampant. In case you face something like that, Instagram offers a feature to block someone in order to protect yourself. Here, you will learn how to block or unblock someone to make your account secure. Almost everyone knows how to do it. But in case you don’t know, this guide is for you.
How to Block Someone
If someone is giving you a hard time, block them right away. When you block someone on Instagram, you and that person won’t be able to follow or message each other. You will also be prohibited from seeing each other’s profiles or stories.
To block someone on Instagram, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile phone or desktop and log in to your account.
- Search the name of the person you want to block in the search bar and go to their profile. You can also search for them in your followers’ list.
- When you visit their profile, click on the three-dot icon on the top-right corner.
- Then, you can choose “Block” from the menu that will appear on the screen.
The best thing is that people won’t know or get a notification when you block them. Once you block someone, Instagram will delete their likes and comments from your pictures or videos. It cannot be restored even if you unblock someone.
How to Un-Block Someone
If you have second thoughts or blocked someone by mistake, you can also unblock a person. There are many reasons to block a person, and if you decide to change your mind, you can unblock them easily.
You can simply search the profile of the person and unblock them the same way you blocked them. But sometimes, the profile doesn’t show up in the search results. For that, follow the given steps to unblock someone on Instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on any device, phone, or desktop.
- Go to your profile and click on the icon resembling three lines on the top-right corner.
- Click on “Settings” from the menu that will appear on the screen.
- You will see many options there. Tap on “Privacy.”
- Scroll down and hit the “Blocked Accounts” option.
- There, you will see a list of all the people that you have blocked in the past.
- Find the person you want to unblock. The unblock option will be given right next to their username. Click on it, and you’re done.
IGFollowers is lways looking forward to help their visitors and customers both. That’s why it is Best Site to Buy Instagram Followers UK. Blocking or unblocking someone on Instagram is super easy! Let us know in the comments if this guide was helpful.